Is Cineworld now open everywhere?
Yes, all of our cinemas are now open across the UK and Ireland.
What safety measures have been put into place?
At Cineworld, our main priority remains the safety of our customers and employees. We follow all instructions and regulations of the local authorities and current government guidelines and regulations. We continue to have a number of safety measures in place to provide a safe environment for our employees and guests. Click here to find out more.
Do I need to demonstrate my COVID status if I want to attend a Cineworld cinema?
If you are in Wales - Yes, Yes, from November 15 you will need to provide proof of your COVID status when attending Cineworld cinemas in Wales as this is now a requirement for all cinemas in the country by the Welsh government. Customers under 18 years of age are exempt from this rule. You can demonstrate your COVID status in the following ways:
- via the digital NHS COVID pass - people who are fully vaccinated in Wales can download a certificate proving they are fully vaccinated
- a paper-based official certificate of full vaccination
- confirmation of a negative test result by email or text provided by gov.uk (no older than 48 hours)
- confirmation of a positive test within the last 6 months which has been followed by the appropriate period of isolation (i.e. 10 days) - this can be evidenced through the NHS COVID pass or via an official text or email from gov.uk
If you are in Northern Ireland - Yes, in line with Covid-19 guidance from the Northern Irish government, you may need to provide proof of your COVID status to attend Cineworld Belfast. Under 18s are exempt from this rule. From December 13, when new guidelines come into effect, customers aged 18 or over who cannot provide proof of their COVID status will be refused entry.
If you are in Scotland, England or Jersey - No, it is not currently necessary to provide your Covid Status (i.e. proof of vaccination, recovery or a negative test) to visit Cineworld cinemas in England or Scotland.
Are you taking part in Contact Tracing at Cineworld?
Are face coverings mandatory for customers and your employees?
In Scotland, England, Wales, Northern Ireland and Jersey, face coverings are mandatory for both customers and employees (unless exempt), apart from while eating or drinking
Is anyone exempt from wearing a face covering?
You should follow the government guidelines on face coverings and exemptions. Children under the age of 11 years are currently exempt. You can find more details about exemption and rules about face coverings by clicking here.
Can I come to Cineworld with friends or family who don’t live in my household?
Yes, but please adhere to government guidelines where applicable.
I have a physical or learning disability, will COVID-19 affect my visit to the cinema?
- Audio Described and Subtitled performances are going ahead as usual and Autism Friendly Screenings have also resumed
- Accessible toilet facilities at all of our cinemas are open for customer use
- Our staff are aware that some disabilities will exempt customers from wearing a face covering. If you are exempt from wearing a face covering, please let a member of our team know when you arrive at the cinema
- If you have a physical disability, it is important to be aware that the type of physical assistance our staff normally provide such as; a guiding elbow or an arm, is not allowed under the current COVID-19 guidelines. Customers who require this support should visit with a member of their household/bubble who are able to provide this kind of assistance. Refer to the UKCA for further information*.
- The restrictions on physical contact do not apply in an emergency and will not for example affect our ability to evacuate customers from our cinemas safely in the event of an emergency evacuation.
*The CEA Card is a national card scheme developed for UK cinemas by the UK Cinema Association (UKCA). The Card enables a disabled cinema guest to receive a complimentary ticket for someone to go with them when they visit a participating cinema. If you do not have a CEA card you can apply online at https://www.ceacard.co.uk/apply. Admin costs apply.
Is food available at the cinema?
You will be able to purchase our usual selection of cinema drinks and snacks.
I have a My Cineworld Plus account. What is happening with my membership?
We have extended all My Cineworld Plus memberships and any unredeemed food vouchers to cover the total duration that we were closed.
My Cineworld gift card, gift box or e-gift has expired, or will expire soon. What do I need to do?
We have automatically extended the validity of all Gift Box or E-Gift vouchers until 31 December 2021. If you have a gift card that expired during our closure, please contact our customer service team for a replacement gift card.
I received complimentary ticket codes or retail voucher codes from your customer service department that have expired/are due to expire. Will I get new ones?
We have automatically extended all vouchers until 31 December 2021. If you have any issues when trying to use them, get in touch with our customer services team via email on [email protected] or on Twitter and Facebook and we will be able to look into this for you.
I have an admission or retail voucher/code from a third party that expired during the closure, or now only has limited validity. What should I do?
If you have purchased a voucher/code through your employee benefit portal after the 1st March 2020 and your unused voucher has an expiry date of between the 2nd March 2020 and the 31st August 2021, we have extended this until 31st December 2021. Should you have any problems please contact your employee benefit customer support.
I have an Admissions Voucher through Club Lloyds Lifestyle Benefits. Will I still be able to use it?
All unredeemed Club Lloyds admission vouchers expired on 31 May 2021. Unfortunately, our partnership with Lloyds has now ended so all vouchers have expired. Please contact Club Lloyds Customer service with any issues.
How do I get in contact with you?
You contact us via email on [email protected]. Please note, it may take us several days to get back to you but we will respond as quick as we can.
How do I contact you to discuss my Unlimited membership?
If you would like to discuss your Unlimited membership, you can get in contact with the Unlimited team via email on [email protected]