When you submit a submission for this Contest, you agree to the Official Rules below.
- Sponsor. The sponsor of this contest (“Contest”) is Cineworld Cinemas (“Cineworld”).
- How to Enter. A Contest participant (each a “Participant” and, collectively, the “Participants”) must be at least eighteen (18) years of age at the time of participation, may enter the Contest from by following the process below. Submissions must be received through the below process by the close of the Contest to be eligible.
- Process: To participate in the Contest and to try to win the Prize described in Section 8 below, you should do the following:
- Please enter through Instagram (“Platform”) and sign in with a valid account.
- Please comment on the post
promptingthe contest, sharing the name you would give yourself as a superhero and what your superpower would be.“
- Like the photo.
- As a Participant, you represent that you are at least 18 years of age.
- Cineworld Cinemas is not responsible for computer or network problems; problems with the Platform or its servers; problems with email accounts; or the failure to receive any Submission for any reason whatsoever.
- Eligibility. The Contest is open to residents of the United Kingdom, where the sponsor currently is operating in and who are over the age of 18. Winners will need to make their Instagram profiles open to the public during the competition so the artist can draw themselves based on real photos.
- Winner Selection. A selection of participants will be selected from the valid Submissions and will be nominated as
winner(“Winner”). Five (5) Winners will be chosen by Publicis Media.
- Prohibited Content. Cineworld Cinemas and its affiliates shall in no case be liable for the contents of Submissions. Participants shall use good taste and judgment in creating and submitting their Submissions. Each Participant shall be solely responsible for ensuring that his or her post:
- Does not offend the intellectual rights of third parties;
- Is free from obscenity or content that may be seen as harassment, intimidation, or bullying;
- Complies with all data protection and privacy laws;
- Complies with the Platform’s guidelines, rules and regulations;
- Is free from viruses or malware; and
- Is not otherwise inappropriate.
- License. By making a Submission, each Participant grants Cineworld Cinemas and its affiliates a perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, fully paid-up, royalty-free license to transform, edit, modify, reproduce, distribute, transmit, publish, communicate to the public, broadcast, perform, display, or otherwise use the Submission, in whole or in part, with or without modifications, in any form or medium, including but not limited to, internet, print, point of sale advertising, flyers, leaflets, for entertainment, promotional and/or advertising purposes and/or any other purpose whatsoever.
- To the greatest extent permitted by law, Participants agree to waive and not to assert or invoke any so-called moral rights in relation to their Submissions.
- For the avoidance of doubt, the license referred to in this Section 7 is a fully paid-up license. By entering, you guarantee that your Submission is original as referred to above, and that you have all necessary rights to provide the Submission and to grant to Cineworld Cinemas as applicable the rights set out in these Official Rules, as well as the consent of any person identified, depicted or referred to in the Submission. You will indemnify and hold Cineworld Cinemas harmless for any breach of these provisions. Only the Winner(s) will receive a prize according to the next paragraph: ‘Prize’.
- Prize. Cineworld Cinemas will be giving 5 winners the opportunity to get a personalized illustration characterized as a superhero made by professional Illustrator Amrit Birdi www.amritbirdi.co.uk. A physical copy of the illustration will be sent to the winner, and the illustration will also be shared on Amrit Birdi’s Instagram profile. Once posted on Instagram, the picture with the most likes will receive a 3D printed model of their superhero character, thanks to RealD 3D. The winner of the 3D model will need to travel to London to get their face scanned for the 3D model. Travel expenses for this trip will be covered by RealD.
- Restrictions: Participants must submit original, valid Submissions into the Competition. Participants must also at all times comply with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
- Notification/Announcement of Winner.
The Winner(s) will be selected on and will be notified via a tagged comment from the original Instagram account holder on which the comment was made. The winner must confirm his or her acceptance of the Prize in writing within 24 hours of such notification. Cineworld Cinemas reserves the right to disqualify any Winner who does not confirm acceptance of the Prize in accordance with these Official
Rules,and reserves the right to select an alternative winner in such event. In the event of a dispute about the identity of a Winner, Cineworld Cinemas will award the Prize to a runner-up Participant.
- Prize Conditions. Save as may be required by any applicable mandatory laws, the Prize will be as referred to in these Official Rules and is provided as-is with no express or implied warranty or guarantee. This Contest is subject to applicable local laws and regulations, including but not limited to tax laws. Cineworld Cinemas may require the Winner to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release, and a publicity release permitting Cineworld Cinemas to use the Winner’s name,
image,and winning Submission in promotional materials where permitted by law and subject to applicable rules. Refusal or inability to sign and return such forms within 48 hours of receipt may result in disqualification and awardingof Prize to an alternate Winner.
- General Liability Release. By entering this Contest, Participants release Cineworld Cinemas and its agents from any liability whatsoever, on any theory, and waive any and all claims and causes of action arising from or related to this Contest and/or fulfillment and/or use of the Prize, to the extent permitted by applicable law. However, nothing in these Official Rules limits or excludes any person’s or entity’s liability for death or personal injury caused by their negligence or any other liability which may not as a matter of law be limited.
- Data. By entering the Contest and submitting a Submission and any other personal information, Participants are expressly consenting to the processing of their personal information by Cineworld Cinemas for the purpose of the Contest or any associated publicity by Cineworld Cinemas or its affiliates. Cineworld Cinemas’sPrivacy & Legal policy will apply. Cineworld Cinemas may share the Submissions with partners and authorized licensees for Contest administration and prize fulfillment purposes. 1
- Interpretation and Disputes. Participants agree:
- To be bound by these Official Rules and all decisions of the judges, which are final and binding;
- That any disputes shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales (or by mandatory local laws, if applicable), and shall be resolved through arbitration in London with the London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA);
- That they consent and waive any objection to the jurisdiction of said courts for any such disputes.
- Miscellaneous. The Contest is void where prohibited:
- If any provision or part-provision of these Official Rules is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, it shall be deemed modified to the minimum extent necessary to make it valid, legal and enforceable.
- If such modification is not possible, the relevant provision or part-provision shall be deemed deleted. Any modification to or deletion of a provision or part-provision under this clause shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the rest of these Official Rules.
- To the extent permitted by applicable law, Cineworld Cinemas may suspend, modify or terminate the Contest if they believe, in their sole discretion, that malfunction, error, disruption or damage is impairing or will impair the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, in which case the prizes will be awarded among the eligible Submissions received that were unaffected by the problem, if possible.