Next summer's imaginative-sounding Ghostbusters reboot is already shaping up to be one of the most talked about, must-see movies of 2016. Here's why we can't wait to see it.
1) This is no standard-issue remake. Director Paul Feig has performed a full gender inversion! The 2016 Ghostbusters are all women, and their receptionist is a chap.
2) Cast? Well, Feig has reunited with his brilliant Bridesmaids stars Kristen Wiig and Melissa McCarthy. The spook-splatting quartet is completed by Saturday Night Live alumni Kate McKinnon and Leslie Jones. All of which suggests that this is going to be a seriously funny supernatural comedy.
3) That lowly receptionist is none other than Thor himself – Chris Hemsworth. But will he have a crush on one of the Ghostbusters, like original receptionist Janine? We'll have to wait and see.
4) Promisingly, the script was co-written by director Paul Feig and Katie Dippold, who previously collaborated on Feig's hilarious hit cop buddy comedy The Heat, which also starred Melissa McCarthy.
5) Sigourney Weaver, Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Ernie Hudson and Annie Potts all have cameos. There was initially some question about whether any of the surviving key cast of the original 1984 Ghostbusters would endorse the reboot, but now they're all on board apart from Rick Moranis, who has retired from acting. Intriguingly, none of them will be playing their original characters.
6. Could we see the return of Slimer? One of the most lovable spooks in the original Ghostbusters, Slimer was a big, green garbage-guzzler. Back in March, Sigourney Weaver jokingly said she'd love to play him. IMDB briefly listed Slimer among the reboot cast, voiced by Dan (Homer Simpson) Castellaneta. Paul Feig has officially denied this. But then he's also said he's keen to keep some secrets under wraps. So maybe he's bluffing.
7) Not content with its gender reversal, the new film sees the Ghostbusters enjoying a 21st century style makeover. In snaps tweeted from the set by Paul Feig, the quartet can be seen sporting natty mathcing orange-striped outfits and toting redesigned proton packs to weaken and suck up those spirit infestations. They've also got a stylish new Ecto-1 car. Meanwhile, Chris Hemsworth has been pictured astride a motorbike wearing one of the new Ghostbusters outfits and a rather unflattering pair of specs.
8) Heavy metal legend Ozzy Osbourne has a cameo role as himself. Reports suggest the film includes a concert scene at a 'Rock Revenge Fest', during which rock's Prince of Darkness himself puts on a show. Whether this means Ozzy will be seen tussling with spooks remains to be seen. But given what he once did to a bat, you wouldn't fancy their chances.
9) Sony are so confident that the new film will be a hit that plans are already afoot to follow in the footsteps of Marvel and DC by expanding the Ghostbusters universe with a new movie franchise. Original director Ivan Reitman has revealed that Captain America: The Winter Soldier directors Joe and Anthony Russo are already preparing the next instalment, with Channing Tatum pencilled in to star. The rumour mill also suggests that Sony have an animated feature spin-off in the works.
10) We've waited 27 years for a follow-up to Ghostbusters II. Surely that's long enough?