Calling all you Cineworlders in Watford! Your brand new Cineworld opens on Friday 14th December at the recently extended Intu Shopping Centre in time for Christmas. Here's why your Cineworld experience is about to change...
How many screens does Cineworld Watford have?
Cineworld Watford puts audiences at the heart of the movie experience. It boasts 9 state-of-the-art screens, all of which deliver crystal clear projection and powerful surround sound. The cinema will also showcase special IMAX with laser projection and immersive ScreenX technology.
What films are showing at Cineworld Watford?
Enjoy DC superhero blockbuster Aquaman, starring Game of Thrones' Jason Momoa as the rightful heir of Atlantis. You can also meet brand new Spider-Man Miles Morales in animated adventure Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse and Emily Blunt as everyone's favourite magical nanny in Mary Poppins Returns.
What is IMAX with laser?
IMAX with laser is groundbreaking new IMAX technology that transports audiences inside their favourite blockbusters like never before. Customers can experience the following:
- Sharpness: Experience incredible detail in every image with a sharper, clearer and crisper picture that delivers a heightened level of realism on the biggest screens.
- Brightness: Laser brings an increased level of brightness to fill IMAX screens with the most vivid and lifelike images in 2D and 3D.
- Contrast: Dramatically greater contrast levels in each frame provides a level of depth that takes you out of your world and draws you into the movie.
- Colour: The widest range of colours available to filmmakers so they can present more vibrant, deeper and richer colours in IMAX than ever before.
- Sound: Whether it's a pin drop or feeling the heart-palpating force of a volcano, with IMAX's next-generation 12-channel sound system audiences will experience a new kind of powerful, immersive sound they can feel.
What is ScreenX?
ScreenX is the world’s first multi-projection theatre technology that provides moviegoers with a 270-degree panoramic viewing experience by expanding the screen onto the side walls of the auditorium. It crafts a fully immersive experience that pulls you into the world of your favourite films like nothing before.
The innovative technology uses an array of projectors and with proprietary ScreenX software, blends multiple images into one seamless image extending from the central screen out. ScreenX walls are installed with a fabric to ensure brightness and colour closely match the content on the main screen and extend the length of the auditorium. Strategically placed audio systems and speakers ensure that sound does not compromise the immersive viewing experience.
What are the advantages of Cineworld Unlimited?
Cineworld Unlimited Card holders can also enjoy access to an unlimited number of films per month for less than the price of two new-release peak time tickets, at just £17.90 per month (or £20.40 for London West End cinemas). The Unlimited Card also allows members to enjoy 10% off cinema snacks and drinks (25% in your second year), and 25% off restaurant partners, plus access to advance screenings and free months when you recommend friends.
Not yet part of the club? Then click here to sign up today.